Online RYA Professional Practices & Responsibilities (PPR)
RYA PROFESSIONAL PRACTICES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ONLINE
A compulsory online course for RYA Commercial Endorsement holders.
Commercially endorsed skippers are allowed to work on commercial purpose yachts and be legally paid. Applicants for a commercially endorsed RYA Certificates of Competence must first pass the PPR course.
Estimated time to complete is around 6 to 8 hours of work through the four course modules. The graded end of course assessment is split into two sections, totaling 2 ½ hours.
PRE-COURSE REQUIREMENTS: PPR is for anyone using a RYA qualification or Certificate of Competence to gain a commercial endorsement in order to work professionally as skipper or crew is a compulsory online course for new & revalidating RYA Commercial Endorsement holders.
The course will provide you with this information
- How you fit into the professional maritime world.
- The importance of correct manning, keeping your skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels.
- The compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment and how to create and implement risk control and operating procedures.
- Making sure your vessel is suitable and legal for the work you are carrying out, your obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness.
DURATION: 6-8 hours should be set aside as study time for this course.
COST: 50€ Book Now!
- Mock assessment so you can check you are ready before moving on to the final online assessment.
- RYA online assessment and course pass certificate pdf printable.
- Feedback and help from our fulltime instructors for 18 hours a day seven days a week.
** EXEMPTION: If you hold an MCA Deck Officer’s Certificate of Competence as Officer of the Watch or above, Master 200 or Master 500 you do not need to take the PPR course. Please send a copy of your MCA certificate with your application or renewal form for your Commercial Endorsement. **
For more information take a look in RYA website