Basic Safety Training (BST) - STCW 95
Basic Safety Training (BST) – The STCW 95 course Code requires that you take this 10-day course of instruction. The STCW (95) Basic Safety Training course includes:
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4)
This course has to be renewed every 5 years, or under certain conditions, you have to show that you have at least 1 year of service on board vessels of 200 GRT or more within the last 5 years.
Intended for STCW Basic safety training (BST) is a maritime safety training, mandatory for all crewmembers on a commercial ship. This is also a mandatory module for commercial yachting. Every crewmember and captain sailing on a commercial ship.
Duration of course: 70 lessons (45 theory + 25 practical).
The STCW Basic Safety Training course (STCW95 & STCW 2010) is the legal minimum requirement for anyone looking for commercial work aboard vessels over 24 metres, in accordance with the STCW Code A-VI/1
* If a course does not have the minimum number of students will be postponed to the next month *