Top ten destinations for sailing
There are places many lovers of the sea want to visit to sail. Today we want to talk about the top ten destinations for sailing. They are ideal places for sailing because of their climate and the quality of the water.
- Croatia It is a mediterranean country with a great and attractive history (Greeks, Romans, Venecians) and in addition to that, with more than thousand isles , most of them unhabitated with a lot of virgin areas and natural parks. Principally, there are two seasons for sailing. In summer with a little wind and calm sea between the islands, with its regime of breezes. The other season with harder weather and NW wind but with much less tourism and spectacular nature.It is worth mentioning the National Parks of Kornati, the Krk waterfalls (where you can go sailing, too), the area of Trogir and Split, the islands of Hvar, Miljet, Korcula, and, last but not least Dubrovnik.
2. Greek It is a paradise for those who like to sail because of its history, its tranquillity and the mediterranean taste of its numerous isles.It has four different sailing zones, one correspondet to the Isles of the Ionan Sea, another zone to Peloponeso and the other ones would correspond to those of the Aegeant Sea with the Cyclades Islands in the South and the Sporades to the North. Each zone has its own characteristics of meteo , vegetation and orography, although all with small ports (fee-free) that allow to enjoy its gastronomy, own culture and friendliness of its people or to swim in deserted coves all the year.
3. Thailand It is one of the most exotic destinations of the world. Indeed, it is composed of lonely bays and extraordinary mountains with leafy jungle vegetation touching the sea. It is a paradisiacal place to dive and swim in clear water.
4. New Zealand It is a dream destination for sailing, known for its great sailors. Its isles are sensational and its marine depths are full of a great biological variety, with a lot of dolphin species and whales.
5. British Virgin Islands Are an archipelago of the Antilles. It is a ultramarinal territory of the United Kingdom. Every year, they attract thousands of tourists who want to sail. You can enjoy extraordinary conditions there, because the sea is calm to leeward of all the islands of the archipelago, with the trade winds and the warm weather that prevail throughout the year.
6. Tanzania (Zanzibar) This archepelago is situated in the Indian Ocean and is known for its beaches and its turquoise water. In addition, there exist splendid diving places. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth to sail.
7. Tahiti (French Polynesia) Sailing is an incredible way to visit Polynesia, including Tahiti. With its transparent blue water, it is like a maritime paradise. The volcanic origin makes coral formations flourish and its crystal clear waters are full of life, ideal for diving.
8. Australia The waters of the Great Barrier Reef are one of the most incredible in the whole world. Sailing down a cloudless sky gives an opportunity to get to know the pleasure of diving. Exploring the underwater world on the deck of a sailingboat in the sublime waves is incomparable.
9. Seychelles Are an archipelago in the Indian Ocean. It is one of the most important sailing destinations of the world and people from all around will spend their sailing holidays and enjoy the cristal clear waters. Another reason why this nautical destination is so popular, is because you can sail in the Seychelles all around the year.
10. Ibiza and Formentera They are considered as “The Jewels of the Mediterranean” thanks to its great natural wealth. Indeed, there is a diversity of landscapes full of beauty, beaches with clear water, recondite coves, and immense sunsets make it a paradise difficult to forget. The climatical conditions of this isle are ideal for sailing.
Now its time to choose one of the top ten destinations of the world for your next vaccation. Choose a sailing boat and prepare yourself to live a unforgettable experience.