STCW Basic Safety Training (BST)
The STCW Basic Safety Training Refresher is a refresher course of the STCW Basic Safety Training. These courses are meant for all the crew members to which the original certificates have expired.
During the Basic Safety Training refresher course your memory will be refreshed on how to act in various emergency situations on board of a ship. The Basic Safety Training of Yacht Point is approved by STCW and complies with the demands of the STCW10 Manila amendments and this certificate is required to have before you can conduct any work on a ship.
This 4 modules are the minimum requirements for working on any vessel:
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-VI/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4)
Duration of course: 2 days from 9:00 to 18:00 hours.
The STCW Basic Safety Training course is the legal minimum requirement for anyone looking for commercial work aboard vessels, in accordance with the STCW Code A-VI/1
* If a course does not have the minimum number of students it will be postponed to the next month *