Yachtmaster Theory Course
This course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster Coastal and YachtmasterOffshore practical exams. Focusing on advanced navigation and meteorology skills.
The RYA’s specially designed a chart plotter software that will be used during thia course to give you a realistic taste of a modern electronic navigation system.
The course is taught over 40 hours with three exam papers. It can be covered as a series of short sessions, as an intensive week-long course, or by distance learning.
Course topics include:
- Position fixing.
- Course shaping and plotting.
- Tidal knowledge.
- Use of almanacs and admiralty publications.
- Electronic position finding equipment.
- Taking and interpreting forecasts.
- Plotting weather systems.
- Weather predictions using a barometer and by observation.
- Collision regulations.
- Customs regulations for cruising abroad.
It allows some time for revision of the basics and then moves on to advanced navigation techniques.